Sunday, November 17, 2013

Photo Series: 3 Months!

Our little guy is already 3 months old! He is definitely not slowing down in his growing. Here's to hoping we don't have to switch over to 9 month clothing until Christmas...UPDATE: he won't make it much past Thanksgiving before the 9 months clothes will be out.

Over the past month, our little guy has gotten very smiley but sometimes he can be such a stinker and you really have to work for it. He is all about moving - if he is awake he is moving. The "bobble head" is slowly going away as his neck gets stronger. Don't get me wrong, he does face plant into your collarbone or face everyone once and a while. The hands have found his mouth: talk about entertainment! He will just stare at his hands and then "bam!" into the mouth (or so he tries, it may take a time or two before it actually gets into the mouth). Slowly, he is figuring out he has feet so I know it won't be long until those are in his mouth too.

The past few days have been filled with hand gnawing so I am wondering if there isn't some teeth movement going on. Not anticipating anything popping through but he definitely has some discomfort. If you like stories, he is really good at telling them. He adds new sounds or coos every so often which is just so fun to hear.

Back in October, Frankie had his first trip to Marshall and first few nights sans Mom & Dad. Before I went back to work I told Steve that I wanted to get away for a night or two just the two of us. My Mom took Frankie to Marshall (that way my Dad got to spend some time with him too) and said that he traveled like a champ and had a great time at their house. He even gave them a full nights sleep, sleeping from about 9PM - 5AM! Steve and I were a little jealous since he had only done that for us one time so far. We enjoyed our little trip up north even though it was like 30 degrees and snowing. It was nice to have time for the two of us without a crying baby and were able to sleep in! Oh man, was that nice, but we did miss our babies.

Steve and I were about as proud as we could be of our 3 month old when he gave us 5 consecutive nights of sleeping until past 5AM! The first couple times we both woke up and were like "I am sorry, I didn't wake up with him last night" and then we realized that neither of us did! We did a happy dance. And after a couple nights of uninterrupted sleep, Steve and I began to feel like humans again. :-) Of course it was short lived and now he has been having a tough time at night but at least we know a full night sleep is possible!

I am back at work and it has been an adjustment. I miss the babe and the pup but I know they are where they need to be and I am where I need to be. We are very lucky to have Steve's Dad available to be "Grandpa Daycare" which I feel has made my transition back to work easier. I still rush home as quick as can to get kisses from my puppy and giggles from my babe. Life is good.

Not really into looking at the camera

Kirby was helping

So long!

My sweet little boy

Found that hand...

Happy man!


No comments:

Post a Comment