Sunday, January 12, 2014

Cereal

While we were home over Christmas, I got the highchair out and Steve picked up some rice cereal and we got ready to give Frank his first taste of "solid food". Now, this isn't really solid food - more like milk with a little bit of rice. But, it was a big step! Especially for me. The night before we fed him his first solid food, I was having a tough time with how fast my baby was growing. Good thing I have an amazing husband to comfort me (he always knows how to make me feel better). Plus, I still have my nursing time with him which is our time that I love.

Frank was an all-star with eating rice cereal! At first he wasn't so sure but we never had any big spit ups - I call that a success. We kept feeding him until he stopped showing interest and started to get a little fussy. He made Steve and I proud parents with how he did. It also made us realize that when he is a teenager - we are going to have issues keeping enough food in the house.

Since the first time feeding, we have continued to give him rice cereal every 2-3 days. We are slowly easing into it and not forcing anything. It seems to be agreeing with the babe - and with us. Not sure when we will try other foods but for now, we will stick with cereal.


First taste
Really wants the spoon

SUCCESS! Got the spoon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment